It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:50 am

Irish invading Canada 
Mad Bomber

Post Re: Irish invading Canada
Jarious Jackson will start tonight for the British Columbia Lions when they take on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Jackson is 19-5 as a starter in BC not to mention he has come off the bench to win another 9 games. Why Wally Buono insists on starting Buck Pierce is beyond me.

Jackson was also voted the offensive captain by the Lions two years ago, so I think I know who the players would prefer to be starting.

Joe Louis

Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:27 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
Mad Bomber

Things didn't go as well as expected for Jarious Jackson and company last night, as the Winnipeg Blue Bombers led by former Kansas State QB Michael Bishop ran the ball down their throats.

Fred Reid ran for 265 yards, and Bishop threw only 20 passes going 11 for 20 for 131 yards, as the Bombers cruised to a 37-10 victory over the Lions. Jackson went 15 for 24 but threw 3 interceptions to go with only one touchdown, as the Bombers go to 3-5, and the Lions drop tp 3-5.

Joe Louis

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:35 am
Mad Bomber

I haven't written in a while because of persistant shoulder problems, but the Lions have lost Jarious Jackson for several weeks due to a rotater cuff problem, and the Lions continue to struggle. On the eastern front Nick Setta and the Hamilton Tiger Cats lost last night 15-14 to the defending Grey Cup Champion Calgary Stampeders.

On other fronts I attended the Argonauts game on Saturday, and bumped into George Chuvalo....and that was far more interesting than the game, as the Argos lost 27-8 to Montreal.

Joe Louis

Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:21 pm
Mad Bomber

I have just returned from another Grey Cup Classic in Calgary, as the Montreal Alouettes took on the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the 100th anniversary of the game, but it is only the 97th Grey Cup, as the game was not played during World War 1.

Joe Louis

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:11 pm