It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:16 am

Almost died today! 
mh2365
Site Admin

Post Almost died today!
So today started out with me ripping a chunk of skin off my finger in the warehouse that was first ... next I stopped in at Speedway to get my two Amps like I do every morning and my CC was declined despite having just gotten paid yesterday... ... then I was supposed to build a display at Walmart (own a bread route for those who don't know) and the place where it was supposed to go was gone, so I had to wait 15 minutes for my sales manager to come by and help.

So then around 6am I was heading back the narrow road between Shepherdsville and Mount Washington heading to my next stop. It was blustery with snow so I was only going about 50 (instead of 55) ... a car pulled out on the opposite side of the road turning the opposite direction but decided it was a good idea to turn out into my lane about 10 yards in front of me. I took the right side of my 22 foot box truck off the road but there was a ditch that dropped nearly straight down ... so I'm saying out loud "don't tip, don't tip, don't tip" and trying to get back on the road ... before I could I hit a road sign with my passenger side mirror which slammed it into the side of my truck and sent it flying through the passenger window spraying me with glass ... I managed to get the truck back on the road and pulled to a stop but the jackass just took off (too dark to get any info) ... I took the truck home (3 minutes away) and was able to clean it out but didn't get a chance to finish my route because of no window.

Now I say it was a good day because of several reasons ... I had already delivered my two Burger Kings and my Walmart which takes up the right side (passenger side of my truck) ... if I hadn't of emptied that side out I would have been considerably heavier on the passenger side ... I am in and out of my truck so much that I rarely wear a seat belt (I know I know) ... so if my 22 foot box truck had tipped at 50 miles an hour I wouldn't be typing this right now let alone breathing ... so all in all a $250 deductible ain't so bad ...

Oh and someone in China tried to use my CC so the bank had stopped it until we contacted them ... so once again a good thing.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:40 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
Brooks

Post Re: Almost died today!
Damn Mike. I'm glad you are okay. That is one messed up day for sure.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:56 am
Sal

Post Re: Almost died today!
Glad all is well Mike.........Ugly....Ugly day!

POWER RANKS-S3
UTBA3 ALMANAC

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:42 pm