It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Complete Fighter Management 
mh2365
Site Admin

Post Re: Complete Fighter Management
Another thing you can do is run a couple of "game" fight cards each Friday also ... on those cards could be a spot or two for the gym owners ... in case they don't have enough fighters to fill out a card.

I would limit fighters to two fights a month also. Also any KD's, cuts or injuries would force them to miss a month of fighting.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:04 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
Brooks

mh2365 wrote:
I could do it ... if you do fight night on Fridays ... I could have the $$$ report back to them on Monday.

I'll have a spreadsheet to do most of the work.

Alright, that should give plenty of time for them to plan the next move. I can get the DB out to everyone the next day or so.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:57 am
Brooks

I've been planning on using the scheduler to run the other fights but I'm sure a fight card or two would not be a big deal. I'd almost say you have to spend some gym points to get on the undercard of a title fight.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:06 am
Brooks

I have sent the database to Don (Bear) and Jeremy (Mellifluous). That puts us at 4 owners so far.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:05 am
Brooks

I'm going to bed, I'll check back in later. So far I have not made any changes to the universe Mike so feel free to send it out to anyone that is interested. Mad Bomber pm'd me but I don't have his email, I asked him for it so I can send it to him but he has not responded yet and I'm exhausted.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:23 am
mh2365
Site Admin

Sent to Greg

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 am
Brooks

OK, I believe we have enough details to get everything started. The initial fighter selection will be a draft type selection. Using dice program I'll have the roll to decide the draft order. The initial draft you will be able to select three fighters for your gym. You are not required to select a female but they are available.

This Friday night at 8pm Eastern will be the draft day. If I do not have your selections your gym will stay empty. Any one signing up after today will fall in the draft order as they sign up. If someone signs in after the draft they will be able to pick up any of the remaining fighters from the list.

Please get me the name of your gym so I can add them as a group and get everything finalized for the draft.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:15 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

Hoosier Gym

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:17 pm
Brooks

Complete Fighter Management

This is a multiplayer universe with individual owners. You begin your move into boxing history as a small time manager of a small group of fighters. You will be able to select your fighters from a list of randomly generated fighters. There is no cap limit on a gym but there is a cost to managing high rated fighters, if you cannot meet that cost your ability to sign good fighters will deplenish. All gyms will start out with the same number of gym points.

Gyms:
There is no limit to how much you can grow your gym but you must be able to manage all the fighters. Every fighter cost 1 gym point and any fighter rated 10 or above costs 2 gym points. You accumulate gym points when your fighters win. Gym points will be paid every "game month".
When you open your gym you will need to provide a name and a free venue.

Gym points scale:
1) fighter ratings/2
2) add drawing power of both fighters
3) add venue rating
4) 70/30 split

Example

I own Jack Curwen ... fictional fighter rated 7 with DP of 3.

He costs me 7 points a month to train.

I chose to have him fight Barry Hamilton rated 2 with DP 2.

1) two fighters/2 = 4.5
2) DP = 5
3) my venue is Kelvin Hall 3

That is 12.5 points. If Curwen wins he gets 8.75 ... then say for upkeep you always round up so Curwen gets 9 points. He has already paid for himself that month.

But if he lost then you'd almost be forced to put him in again to pay his monthly bill.

This is without adding in the costs of your trainer and cutman.

For the cornermen I would add up all their relative ratings divide by how many ratings you added up and divide again by two and that is their cost.

For example

Enzo Calzaghe costs 8+8+8+7+9+8=48 48/6 = 8 8/2 = 4 points. I would make this per fighter per month.

I think something like this could force gyms to make better fights with their better fighters. If you have generic cutmen and trainers they cost 1 per month per fighter.

So if you start out with 5 one rated fighers ... your monthly cost would be 10 points. You can say the venue can't be greater than the rating of your fighter ... so if you have 1's then they can only fight in a 1.

Fighters:
To start the universe you will be able to select 4 fighters from the fictional fighters list, you will be charged for their overall rating at prime. This will also be thier monthly cost. You can selct any weightclass or gender you wish.

Scheduling:
Depending on your venue you will only be able to host a certain amount of fights on a card. Any rated a 3 or lower can only host 4 fights, rated a 4 or 5 you can host 6 fights. All your fighters must fight ina "game month" or they will move on from your gym. Remember this when signing fighters and managing your gym points. If you wish to schedule a fight between another owners gym you must first agree to terms of location, rounds, and any other rules you may want. Your first 10 fights can be against tomato cans but once your fighter is ranked you will fight any fighter 3 spots from yours in either direction. Say that your fighter is ranked 30th, you can fight any fighter from 27th to 33rd. It is up to you to get your schedule in before simulation day. I'll run each simulation on Friday unless otherwise posted.

Notes: This is a complicated system to set up and keep track of so bear with me while I learn. A "game month" is actual dates used in the game. Every fight card will be ran on friday of every week so that is the date I'll use starting with the first friday in the month of January 2009 and continue on from there. So some months you'll have 5 cards instead of 4 to earn more points before pay out time. If I've missed something I'll correct as we go.

To begin we'll only use the heavyweight division of both genders.

If you are interested please let me know and I'll get you a copy of the database so you can begin to scout the fictional fighters.

Last edited by Brooks on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:18 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

I would make each fighter worth what their rating is ... I would also give each gym an opening amount of points that they can use to "buy" fighters ... I'd say 20 points.

Each gym really needs at least 4 fighters to be able to put on a fight card ... otherwise they will have to buy their way onto a major card.

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:22 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next