It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Complete Fighter Management 
Brooks

Post Complete Fighter Management
Taking a page from Mike, I've compiled a rough multi user universe to get things going until Mike gets his put together.

Complete Fighter Management

This is a multiplayer universe with individual owners. You begin your move into boxing history as a small time manager of a small group of fighters. You will be able to select your fighters from a list of randomly generated fighters. There is no cap limit on a gym but there is a cost to managing high rated fighters, if you cannot meet that cost your ability to sign good fighters will deplenish. All gyms will start out with the same number of gym points.

Gyms:
There is no limit to how much you can grow your gym but you must be able to manage all the fighters. Every fighter cost 1 gym point and any fighter rated 10 or above costs 2 gym points. You accumulate gym points when your fighters win. Gym points will be paid every "game month".
When you open your gym you will need to provide a name and a free venue.

Gym points scale:
Cost: 1 per fighter, 2 per 10+ rated fighters. You can also use gym points to improve your venue and even boost fighter attributes. Real fighters have an additional cost of 1 point and real fighters rated 10 or above cost an additional 2 points. A real trainer and cutman will cost you an upfront 1 time fee of 3 gym points each. Venues also cost an upfront cost, 2 or 3 rated venues cost 5 points, 4 rated venues cost 7 gym points, and 5 rated venues cost 10 gym points. Fighter attribute boosts cost 2 gym points per 1 point.

Earning: 1 per decision win, 2 per knockout win. No points earned in a draw. If one of your fighters wins a title you earn 5 gym points and 3 per defense.

Loss: If all your fighters lose on one of your fight cards you will lose 2 gym points.

Fighters:
To start the universe you will be able to select 3 fighters from the fictional fighters list, you will not be charged for them until the end of the "game month". You can selct any weightclass or gender you wish.

Scheduling:
Depending on your venue you will only be able to host a certain amount of fights on a card. Any rated a 3 or lower can only host 4 fights, rated a 4 or 5 you can host 6 fights. All your fighters must fight ina "game month" or they will move on from your gym. Remember this when signing fighters and managing your gym points. If you wish to schedule a fight between another owners gym you must first agree to terms of location, rounds, and any other rules you may want. Your first 10 fights can be against tomato cans but once your fighter is ranked you will fight any fighter 3 spots from yours in either direction. Say that your fighter is ranked 30th, you can fight any fighter from 27th to 33rd. It is up to you to get your schedule in before simulation day. I'll run each simulation on Friday unless otherwise posted.

Notes: This is a complicated system to set up and keep track of so bear with me while I learn. A "game month" is actual dates used in the game. Every fight card will be ran on friday of every week so that is the date I'll use starting with the first friday in the month of January 2009 and continue on from there. So some months you'll have 5 cards instead of 4 to earn more points before pay out time. If I've missed something I'll correct as we go.

To begin we'll only use the heavyweight division of both genders.

If you are interested please let me know and I'll get you a copy of the database so you can begin to scout the fictional fighters.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:42 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
mh2365
Site Admin

Post Re: Complete Fighter Management
Despite being off work ... I just haven't found the time to come up with anything ... this sounds good.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:38 pm
Brooks

Well seeing as this type of universe was your idea, I ofcourse want your input. I'm gonna email you the database.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:03 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

You should post something about it on OOTP too to get more gym owners

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:15 pm
Brooks

I will after I get all the details ironed out. I'm trying to figure out how to send it, do i send the whole file? Or do I like export it and send it or something?

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:22 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

I was thinking maybe you could export the HTML and then post it in a zip file ... I think you can open it up and see the ratings and everything.

If you want to try that and post it here I will open it up around 10 tonight to make sure I can see everything

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:30 pm
Brooks

I'm gonna send out the mass file like UTBA. I'll post the fighter database but I think everyone needs to get the mass file because thats where I'll track the gym points. Everything will be tracked in the notes section.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:47 pm
Brooks

I'm having trouble exporting, it keeps crashing my game. I've got the whole file zipped but it won't upload to my email. I'll get this figured out hopefully by tomorrow.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:20 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

You can attach it here

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:06 pm
Brooks

I keep timing out, I'm gonna try to figure out how much I can shrink the file down. Zipped its at 109MB right now. I'm gonna catch some sleep and work on it later.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:08 am