It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 am

Boxing League 
Jersey-Jim

Post Re: Boxing League
Brooks wrote:
Mike I'd be willing to help coordinate and set up the league. I don't have a major amount of time but I'll give you what I've got.

I like the RPG idea too. Using a smaller stable of fighters it would be easier to manage. I'm not sure tracking the money we'll be able to keep up any kind of speed but we could track wagers. After the initial draft we could do a random selection of fighters to fill the divisions and then simulate a designated amount of time and crown a champ then bring in our fighters. It is doable but I think it requires everyone to stay involved and keep the input coming.

Drawing Power =$$

Each Drawing Power # could equal a certain amount of money. I'm just thinking out loud. I like the wagering idea. That's a good idea. If a guy is cut, he may have to take off a longer amount of time. Ficticious fighters could be based upon real fighters. There are so many interesting stories in boxing, if Stallone can create Appollo Creeds, Ivan Dragos and Clubber Langs, anyone can.

The Ultimate, Historical Boxing Simulator
30 Years of Development
Title Bout Championship Boxing!
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/tb/

Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:52 am
Profile Send private message E-mail
Brooks

mh2365 wrote:
Seeing how I am currently unemployed .. let me think on this the next day or two ... I should be able to come up with something ...

I'm sorry to hear that my friend. I'll be praying for you.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:30 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

A couple of thoughts so far ... I would have to just be the commish because I am thinking about a fog of war league, where the users don't know what the ratings of their fighters are.

You could buy a rating ... meaning for a price you can ask what a fighters HP is

Each fighter would have a price set by me ... Each team would only be allowed a certain # of fighters in their stable ... the universe would run around each team.

Prize $$ would be awarded based on DP and Ranking ... you could have an excellent fighter who can't draw a crowd to a PPV event (Mayweather) ... or you could have a crappy fighter who sells out every time they fight (Gatti)

That is just some ideas

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:32 am
Jersey-Jim

Those are good ideas. I don't know anything about the fog of war, although I feel like that was something I must have been in at one time or another. :shock:

The Ultimate, Historical Boxing Simulator
30 Years of Development
Title Bout Championship Boxing!
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/tb/

Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:02 pm
Brooks

I don't think the universe would be all that much fun without you involved though. We need to figure a way to make it where you get enjoyment and not just all the work.

On a side note, I think a fight between owner's stables should have to be worked out like a contract. You can work out the number of rounds, location, and so on.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:44 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

fog of war just means that the ratings are hidden ... I think I'd be alright just running it

Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 pm
Mad Bomber

I would certainly be interested, and perhaps in this league I might actually win more than once per season. :lol:

Joe Louis

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:18 pm
Mad Bomber

Brooks wrote:
I don't think the universe would be all that much fun without you involved though. We need to figure a way to make it where you get enjoyment and not just all the work.

On a side note, I think a fight between owner's stables should have to be worked out like a contract. You can work out the number of rounds, location, and so on.

If this was to be worked out, I would interested in fighting anyone anywhere but Toronto, as I have always been a far to gracious host.

Joe Louis

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:21 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

I will give it some thought in the first part of the week and see what all I can come up with.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:31 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

One way I will be involved in this uni is I will run the Top Rank, Don King, and Golden Boy promotional teams. All players will be in direct competition with these power houses and will lose out more often than not.

There will be HBO Championship Boxing, HBO BAD, Showtime Championship, Shobox, ESPN and Versus cards .... if your promotional team gets well known enough you will have a chance to bid on these cards. If you win you can fill the card with all of your fighters ... but it will cost $$$ to get these cards away from the big 3.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:23 pm