It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:09 am

In defense of Andreas 
mh2365
Site Admin

Post In defense of Andreas
Mugsy is completely incorrect and I have never seen Darkstar contribute anything more than idiotic trolling over there.

Cuts are not more frequent then in previous versions. The cut routine has been worked on to the point now where it is fairly solid. IRL if a guy gets cut in the second round and it bleeds every single round, the fight is usually stopped. If the guy has a good cut man in the corner then the fight usually makes it the distance.

Mugsy's experiences may have caused him to make a grand generalization about the game but he is incorrect. If he researches it more and takes into consideration all the factors that lead to a fight being stopped, then he will know that he is wrong.

Factors
1) if the cut is a bad cut or not ... there are various degrees of cuts in TB
2) what kind of cut man is working his corner
3) how often the cut gets reopened (it is very very very rare that a fight is stopped immediately after the initial cut)
4) how quick the ref is to stop a fight

As far as the strategies go ... it is much improved since the last patch but he is correct ... a fighter who is leading fights outside defensively way too much and way too early, no matter what their rating is in the game.

I still say if a fighter is rated 1 at a strategy then he shouldn't be able to use it more than one round in the fight.

These were the type of crap threads that I would end up getting in trouble for ... the games over on the 4 letter board are excellent ... the board is a joke.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:42 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
Jersey-Jim

Post Re: In defense of Andreas
I had a few fighters who seemed to lose on cuts more than they should have, so I changed their cut ratings by 1. That solved that problem. And it's true, you do need a good cutman in the corner to stop the bleeding.

Wasn't DarkStar the guy who got offended at the "Queer Street" text in the game? I think that was him, but I'm not sure. If it is, it's not worth the time even answering his posts. Overall, I pretty happy with the current game. I wish the graphics of the fighters were better representations of Caucasian, Black, Asian and Hispanic fighters, but it looks like that's not going to change any time soon. If I understand what's been posted, I don't see any major changes coming for a while with the exception of all the newly rated fighters along with the ratings changes to reflect what's happening in the sport today. That's been a real plus for those who are running their own universes.

The Ultimate, Historical Boxing Simulator
30 Years of Development
Title Bout Championship Boxing!
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/tb/

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:30 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

my guess is something will happen with TB3 by the end of the year ... but any more it is just a guess

Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:17 am
mh2365
Site Admin

Seems to be a no win situation ... when Andreas answers them then he wasn't specific enough .. if he doesn't then he has abandoned the game.

Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:54 am
javier_83

hi mike!!
happy holidays!!

i think the problem over here in tbcb is that they doesnt have money to complete the game :(

Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:38 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail ICQ YIM
mh2365
Site Admin

Maybe it's just me but in the 250-300 fights I watch on a montly basis on TBCB ... maybe 1 ends due to a cut opening 1 time ... maybe 1. Maybe 3-5% stopped on cuts period. I can also go two or three game months without seeing a fight stopped by injury. These guys on the 4 letter board make it sound like it happens every fight.

IRL if a fighter gets cut and he doesn't have a good cut man the fight will not go the distance.

I'm getting ready to run 10 fight cards ... I will post the #'s when I am done with them in a week or so.

Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:16 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

Okay I will even do the beginners vs. the TC's

39 fights so far

28 decisions
8 KO's
3 TKO's (non cut related)
0 TKO - cuts
0 Injuries

all 6 rounders in this one though

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:02 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

After first card (total so far)

Fights - 6 (45)
Decisions - 3 (31) 68.9%
KO's - 1 (9) 20%
TKO's - 1 (4) 8.9%
TKO's (c) - 1 (1) 2.2%

Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:25 pm
Brooks

I don't really get that many that end in cuts either. I think my percentage is a little higher than yours but not much.

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:11 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

Gonna keep track the whole month ... Does the guy even have 2.5? If I am remembering correctly there was a patch for version 2.0 that drastically fixed the cut routine ... this guy is posting like he doesn't even have that patch.

When I finish the month feel free to post the results over there on the 4 letter board

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:16 pm