It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 am

TB RPG 
mh2365
Site Admin

Post TB RPG
With the constant bad mouthing the board is doing of Andreas over there ... I would bet we have seen our last version of TB

Everyone knows that this is something he is only allowed to work on while not working on OOTP products ... he came right out of OOTP9 and into OOTP online which they are currently working on.

That is his job! While I agree a patch is long overdue ... I know if I were him I wouldn't be rushing myself to work on anything for such a petty bunch.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:06 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
Jersey-Jim

Post Re: TB RPG
You know, I go back and forth between the these two thoughts....

1. You've gotta give the people what they want or they'll go somewhere else.
2. It's just a game.

I've played the game in all its forms for years. I was never a big fan of strategy because I've always believed all of the fighter's real life tendencies/attributes were built into the ratings. But whatever way it goes, I still enjoy the game regardless of its flaws. I think Adreas will still do something with the game. He bought the rights to it, so I'm sure he'll want to stick with it for a bit.

The Ultimate, Historical Boxing Simulator
30 Years of Development
Title Bout Championship Boxing!
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/tb/

Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:53 am
mh2365
Site Admin

I agree I just get tired of some of the whiney little bitches over there.

Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:27 am
Jersey-Jim

mh2365 wrote:
I agree I just get tired of some of the whiney little bitches over there.

I've been surround by whiney people in the offline world for so long now, it's a wonder I'm still pretty much sane.

30 Years of Development

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:07 am
mh2365
Site Admin

I find it funny that people over there are no glorifying the days of the Trunzo's.

I guess they forget about how Jim would show up out of the blue, promise the most amazing thing since the Garden Weasel and then disappear for months only to reappear with the new most amazing thing since the vegamatic.

He would talk about all these grand ideas without any knowledge about programming or talking to his programmer first. Sometimes they wouldn't even have a programmer.

Then there was the HW's bios that they charged people for and barely sent any of them out.

How about the long talked about fighter disks?

It was verging on vaporware before Andreas bought it ... now it is at least a back burner product.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:23 pm
Jersey-Jim

The Trunzo's story sort sound like a lot of New York, New Jersey - small business stories -

"Hey, I heard you need ______(fill in the blank)?"

"Yeah. What you got?"

"I know a guy who knows a guy."

"And he can do the programming?"

"Can he do the programming? Fuggettaboutit! He can do your project with his eye closed!"

And what happens? You get what you pay for. An skinny, bug-eyed, chain-smoking programmer on the lam whose phone number changes every thirty days.

30 Years of Development

Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:56 pm
Brooks

I have faith that Andreas will continue to improve this game.

I have used the new TBCB game with multiple universes and settings and have had a great time with very little problems. I can live without apatch or new version as long as I have to.

Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:21 am
Mad Bomber

I also have enjoyed the game for almost thirty years in it's many incarnations, and have played the game regardless of flaws
myself.
Also I think Andreas does what he can in the time he has to work on the game, and agree that at times the Trunzo's
may have promised us things from time to time, but had it not been for Jim and Tom in the first place we would not have a game at all, and would not have made the friends we have based on this great game.

Joe Louis

Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:33 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

I was thinking about this ... I think what Andreas needs to do is instead of trying to put all the RPG features in at once (there is no way he has the time to do that with OOTP) he should squash some bugs and add a feature or two moving toward the RPG. Then charge an update fee like $9.95 or so.

Anyone who purchases the two or three "updates" leading to the full release of the RPG wouldn't have to pay for the RPG complete version.

Say for example in the first one he could add trainers effecting the ratings. Of course you would have to be able to toggle it on and off. But for example say a certain trainer can help you fighters defense. Depending on his intellect there is a % chance that his defense would go down by 1 or 2 with a certain trainer. You can do the same with cutmen. I would add that the longer you have a certain trainer the less effective he becomes ... lower the % chance for each fight.

Add that and also fix the god damn $100 purse bug that has been in the game since 1910 and be able to have the fighter accumulate prize money and that could be your first "update"

These are just examples. Then the next "update" you could do something with the prize money and having to use it on the trainers and cutmen. Fix another bug or two and so forth.

I just don't see where Andreas will have a 3 to 6 month block to work out everything but he could have a month open to do a few things.

The other thing I would do and I argued for it the last time around is cut the # of beta testers down dramatically. He basically had everyone who posted on the board getting a free copy of the game. That is like 50 x 34.95 that he lost out on.

All the dedicated players of the game would purchase the updates.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:26 pm
Brooks

I like the idea, if I had any money I'd be all over it.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:02 pm