It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
World Of Boxing 
Ric915

Post Re: World Of Boxing
Benavides Triumphant!!

Last night Jesse Benavides (19-0-1-14) and Soo-Hawn Hong (18-1-0-0) squared off for the vacant IBF Jr Featherweight Championship of the world. After fifteen freulling rounds Benavides walked away with a hard earned unanimous decision. Benavides was coming into the match off a ten round unanimous decision victory over Derrick Holmes. While Hong won a ten round split decision over Valerio Nati back in April. Hong started quickly taking the first round as he was able to keep Benavides at bay with a sharp jab. Benavides continued his pressure in the second round and edged a very close round. Benavides was warned for a head butt just before the bell. Benavides rocked Hong badly in the third with a wicked right hand. Hong was able to stay out of harms way for the remainder of the round. Over the next two rounds Hong was able to get himself back into the fight by using superior boxing skills. He pasted Benavides with great two punch combos. After five I had it 48-48. Benavides would win the next two rounds as he was able to trap Hong along the ropes and land some great punches. Hong looked worse for wear as the eighth round began. Benavides continued his forward pressure and again late in the round exploded a huge right hand off Hong’s jaw but this time Hong stood his ground and fired right back. Hong gained confidence in the eighth that carried over to the ninth as he pasted Benavides with rights and lefts and as the ninth round came to a close Benavides had noticeable swelling under the right eye. As the tenth frame started it was now Benavides who was looking tired. Exhausted or not Benavides and Hong waged war in the tenth. Hong not known as a big puncher stood and traded in the center of the ring with Benavides and landed some telling blows. Benavides undeterred fired right back and as the round came to a close the crowd was on it’s feet. This would be Hong’s last stand as the eleventh round started you could see Benavides was still stronger then Hong and Benavides shut out Hong over the last five rounds of the bout. I had the bout scored 146-140 for Benavides. The official scores were in line with what I scored two judges scored it exactly as I did 146-140 while the third scored it 147-139.

The next match a WBA title eliminator pitted HiroakiYokota (21-1-1-5) against Segio Palma (20-0-0-3). Yokota’s night got off to a bad start when the first blow landed by Palma opened a horrific gash over his nose. This seemed to take Yokota out of his rhythm as he never got on track and Palma easily out boxed Yokota over the first four rounds. Yokota’s troubles continued in the fifth as a Palma right hand reopened the cut over his nose. The ref halted the action to have the ringside physician take a look. The bout continued and again Palma just dominated Yokota. The sixth was looking much like the previous five rounds when again Palma landed a hook that covered Yokota’s face in blood. This time the ringside physician had seen enough and awarded Palma the TKO victory. Palma looked impressive and has now set himself up for a match versus WBA Champion Jaime Garza.

The undercard featured Snappy Asano (8-4-1-1) who won an eight round unanimous decision over TC Tabito Yamada (1-5-0-1). This is Asano’s second victory this year after starting the year off on a loss. The night began with Freddy Cruz (2-0-1-0) winning a four round unanimous decision over TC Antonio Cruz (0-6-1-0). Scores were 40-36 twice and 39-37.

Jr Featherweight News

Next Month Derrick Holmes (12-4-0-4) will face Mike Ayala (18-2-0-10) for the vacant NABF Jr Featherweight Title. On the undercard Loris Stecca (14-0-0-10) will face Wilfredo Gomez (15-0-0-14) in a WBC Title Eliminator with the winner to face Jeff Fenech.

Jr Featherweight Rankings June 86

Jaime Garza (23-0-0-21) WBA
Jeff Fenech (18-0-0-16) WBC
Jesse Benavides (19-0-1-14) IBF
Sergio Palma (20-0-0-3)
Fabrice Benichou(21-1-0-12)
Victor Callajes (18-1-0-17)
Hiroaki Yokota (21-1-1-5)
Wilfredo Gomez (15-0-0-14)
Loris Stecca (14-0-0-10)
Soo-Hwan Hong (18-1-0-0)

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:54 am
Profile Send private message E-mail
Ric915

Chacon Captures IBF Crown

Leading up to the bout many felt Bobby Chacon (20-0-0-18) had been partying hard instead of preparing for his title match with Jim McDonnell (15-1-0-5) but after 15 hard fought rounds Chacon dispelled any of those rumors. The first round was one of the best witnessed in this year. Both men came out flatfooted and exchanged furiously and Chacon tested McDonnell’s chin with the first punch of the bout he landed. Thru the bout McDonnell showed a tremendous chin and was never seriously hurt by Chacon. The same can not be said of Chacon. Late in the eleventh round a McDonnell hook dropped Chacon for a count of eight. After fifteen rounds both men had looked like they had been in a war. Chacon had a cut opened above his left eye in the eighth that would reopen twice but was never really a concern. McDonnell’s face began to show wear in the tenth as his right eye began to swell noticeably. As the bell sounded to end the match both men showed great sportsmanship as they embraced in the center of the ring. I scored 144-140 Chacon. The official judges scored similarly to me. 146-140, 145-139 and 145-140. Chacon out landed McDonnell 297-271. McDonnell proved tougher then I expected and showed the hard hitting Chacon he was there to fight. If the rumors of Chacon partying were true then I would hate to see this guy incredibly prepared.

The Co-feature was a twelve round majority draw between Davey Kotay (20-1-2-14) and Roberto Castanon (27-1-1-20). Castanon was taking a big step up in competition facing Kotay who was looking to rebound from a 10 round unanimous decision loss to Jim McDonnell. Castanon was coming in off an eight round unanimous decision over Alan Richardson back in January. Castanon had his hands full early as his left eye began swelling in the second round. Kotay easily won the first four rounds. Castanon started to get to Kotay in the fifth but still did not win the round. In the seventh a Castanon hook hurt Kotay badly who began to show swelling under the left eye. From this point on Castanon seemed to be the better prepared of the two and battered Kotay over the next five rounds but never had Kotay in the kind of trouble he had him in the seventh. I had the bout scored 115-115. Two judges agreed scoring 115-115 while the third judge had Castanon well ahead by the score of 117-113 which seemed way out of line.

The night actually started heating up when a pre-prime Barry McGuigan (16-1-1-15) and a prime Troy Dorsey (22-3-1-13) met in a ten round rematch of a bout that ended in a draw back in March. These two went to war from the opening bell with Dorsey getting the better of the inside exchanges. McGuigan did hurt Dorsey late in the second with a well timed right hand. Dorsey would rebound nicely as he would win the next four rounds, he just seemed to out work McGuigan on every exchange. Early in the sixth a Dorsey hook opened a nasty cut over the left eye of McGuigan. As the seventh round began it was Dorsey who now seemed a little slower. McGuigan quickly exploited this and swarmed Dorsey who couldn’t find an answer to stay away from the pressure of McGuigan. The eighth round saw Dorsey’s problems get worse as his left eye began to swell. As the ninth round began McGuigan’s corner implored him to get busy as Dorsey had built up an early lead. McGuigan headed their word and quickly went after Dorsey and landed a crushing right hook that sent Dorsey to the canvas for a count of nine. As Dorsey rose you could see blood trickling down his face from a cut over the right eye. Dorsey was given a chance, and McGuigan pounced on Dorsey who was defenseless against the ropes as McGuigan landed some incredible shots. Referee Richard Steele jumped in at 1:57 of the ninth round to save Dorsey from further punishment. McGuigan’s knockout came at a great time as it was revealed he was behind on all three score cards at the time of the stoppage. These two definitely put on a great two matches.

The under card featured another prospect. Eusabio Pedroza (17-1-0-10) who easily won a onesided unanimous decision over Cesar Amazon (21-3-1-10). The only mystery in this bout was how Glenn Trowbridge scored this fight 76-76. I myself scored 80-71. the other two officials scored 79-73 and 79-75. Two other prospects Paul Hodkinson (3-0-0-2) and Yong-Kyun Park (2-0-1-0) won four round unanimous decisions over TC’s.

Featherweight News June 86

Next Month Pat Cowdell (20-0-0-16) will face Spider Nemoto (17-0-1-5) for the vacant WBO Title. The co-feature will be Juan Domingo Malvarez (20-0-0-17) vs. Cruz Mercano (19-0-0-8) in a WBA title eliminator

Autosimmed Bouts of Note

#35 Ruben Castillo(19-1-0-15) WKO8 #38 Pedro Gomez (14-4-2-4)
#58 Hector Liza raga (17-3-0-10) WKO7 #49 Shuzo Yoshida (13-3-1-5)
#64 Marcos Villasana (19-3-0-15) WKO4 #34 Hilbert Aragon (APBC) (16-5-0-2)
#29 Bernard Taylor (13-2-0-11) WUD10 #48 Raul Cruz (15-4-0-6)
#41 Manuel Medina (18-2-0-3) WTKO5 #31 Calvin Grove (13-3-2-3)
#21 Ernesto Mercel (18-1-0-16) WTKO9 #50 Tomio Nakamura (11-4-2-1)

Featherweight Rankings June 86

Antonio Gomez (34-0-0-8) WBA
Juan Laporte(20-0-0-19) WBC
Bobby Chacon (20-0-0-18) IBF
Pat Cowdell (20-0-0-16)
Juan Domingo Malvarez (20-0-0-17)
Davey Kotay (20-1-2-14)
Daniel Vermandere (22-1-0-2)
Antonio Asparagus (26-1-0-23)
Roberto Castanon (27-1-1-22)
Cruz Mercano (19-0-0-8)

Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:50 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

Bobby Chacon is one of my all-time favorites

Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:47 pm
Ric915

mh2365 wrote:
Bobby Chacon is one of my all-time favorites

He really was a very good and entertaining fighter it's sad to see the issues and problems he's had since retirement

Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:35 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

updates!!!

Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:23 am
mh2365
Site Admin

Long time no post!

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:22 am
Ric915

mh2365 wrote:
Long time no post!

Having Computer issues, Just got a new PC about six months ago and it went into sleep mode and cannot get it to respond, tried doing what the trouble shooting people have said so it seems to be a hardware issue, so the pc may have to go in for repairs, I do jave my Jr Lightweight fights done just need to write up the report

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:02 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

that sucks ... a new computer too?

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:52 pm
Ric915

mh2365 wrote:
that sucks ... a new computer too?

yeah almost six months old, I may have to blow up the Dell factory, It's still under warranty so thats ok but being without a pc at home is driving me and my daughter crazy Good thing for the work PC or I'm sure i'd be losing my mind.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:32 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

Testing

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:28 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next