It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Rating Fighters 
Sal

Post New Featherweight Rating
moved..........

POWER RANKS-S3
UTBA3 ALMANAC

Last edited by Sal on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:40 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
Sal

Post New Featherweight Rating
moved...........

POWER RANKS-S3
UTBA3 ALMANAC

Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:47 pm
Jersey-Jim

Post Re: Rating Fighters
Can you send a link to Hedgemon Lewis was your PC is up and running again?
Re-rating fighters is what moves TBCB from "gaming" category to the "hobby" category.
It's one of the reasons I find it such an enjoyable passtime.

Mad Bomber wrote:
I have re-rated some of the retired fighters based on some further research I have done, and one that really sticks out is Hedgemon Lewis who in a 60 fight career was never knocked down, and yet had very high KDR and KO rating which made him a five on the game, and by simply adjusting his knockdown ratings his rating changed to an eight.

I left his TKO ratng as is because he was stopped a few times in his career, including a couple of times by Ernie "Indian Red" Lopez and once by Jose Napoles whose punching power I changed to a 9.

Greg

The Ultimate, Historical Boxing Simulator
30 Years of Development
Title Bout Championship Boxing!
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/tb/

Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:37 pm
Mad Bomber

Jim, I will send you my Hedgemon Lewis changes, and also I have noticed in a recent update that Jose Napoles has been dropped to an 11 which is curious to say the least, and his chin has been de-valued. Napoles from everything I have read over the years, and the research I have done was NEVER knocked off his feet, and so my changes make him a 13 or higher, and I think Leonard is overated, as he certainly is not a 9 for punching power.

My changes for Leonard also make him a 13, and when I sim him and Napoles with those ratings.....
Napoles wins the majority of the time, but not by a large margin.

Joe Louis

Last edited by Mad Bomber on Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:50 am
Jersey-Jim

Mad Bomber wrote:
Jim, I will send you my Hedgemon Lewis changes, and also I have noticed in a recent update that Jose Napoles has bee dropped to an 11 which is curious to say the least, and his chin has been de-valued. Napoles from everything I have read over the years, and the research I have done was NEVER knocked off his feet, and so my changes make him a 13 or higher, and I think Leonard is overated, as he certainly is not a 9 for punching power.

My changes for Leonard also make him a 13, and when I sim him and Napoles with those ratings.....
Napoles wins the majority of the time, but not by a large margin.

I think Floyd Mayweather and Ray Leonard are overrated with their punching power.
When a fighter has a high control factor and a decent amount of 3 point punches - adding big number for hitting power makes them monsters in the ring.

Hitting power was supposed to be ONE-PUNCH power. Fighters like Leonard, Mayweather, Hagler, etc. knocked people out by breaking them down and then knocking them out. Likewise, a Welterweight like Joe Walcott used to knock people out with a single punch who outweighed him by 30 or more pounds! Back in the card days, his hitting power was around 9 or 10. His hitting power is now a 1 and he doesn't land ANY three point punches. He's gotta be redone. If there were such as the TITLE BOUT POLICE, whoever did that ranking will be charge with Felony Ranking.

I think Napoles was knocked down before? But I may be wrong. If he didn't have so many problems with cuts around the eyes, several big fights would have been won. He quit on his stool against Monzon, but that was at Middleweight.

30 Years of Development

Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:48 am
Jersey-Jim

A fighter with a 7 or 8 punching power and good CF's and punches landed with knock a lot of people out.
I think I reduced Hagler to an 8 for punching power. Same thing with Aaron Pryor.
Actually, I talked to Aaron Pryor once and told him about the game!

He told me he knocked people out with hitting them with so many punches the only way to go was - down!
He also told me that he had an infected tooth once that he went into the ring with. I forget who he said the opponent was, but he wanted to pull out of the fight. He wasn't known yet, and the promoter said, "You pull out of this fight and you're done!" So he went in and in the first round, he said the guy hit him right on the infected tooth/molar on his jaw. He said the pain was so terrific, he never felt anything like that again in his entire career. He said he hit the guy harder than he ever hit another fighter in the second round and knocked him cold. It was the fear of getting hit in that spot again that did the trick!

30 Years of Development

Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:57 am
Jersey-Jim

From what I've found, surfing around, Napoles was knocked down twice in his career. One was against John H. Stracey (some said it was a slip) and I can't find who the second person was - but I found two people's posts that said he was knocked down twice. Either way, his chin has to be a 1 with the new rating system (since the card days) that now includes the 0 rating.

The ratings of:

That's ridiculous.

Also, he took some huge punches from Monzon. That fight is available on youtube, too. He took some monster shots but didn't go down against a big 160 pounder in Monzon. His chin should definitely be rated better than it is. He should be a 13, I believe, overall. He was one of the best ever at 147lbs.

30 Years of Development

Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:02 am
Mad Bomber

Jim, I re-rated Napoles, and I will post the rating, as I was also aware of that fact, and believe Napoles to be a top five welter of all-time.

Joe Louis

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 am
Mad Bomber

Jersey-Jim wrote:
A fighter with a 7 or 8 punching power and good CF's and punches landed with knock a lot of people out.
I think I reduced Hagler to an 8 for punching power. Same thing with Aaron Pryor.
Actually, I talked to Aaron Pryor once and told him about the game!

He told me he knocked people out with hitting them with so many punches the only way to go was - down!
He also told me that he had an infected tooth once that he went into the ring with. I forget who he said the opponent was, but he wanted to pull out of the fight. He wasn't known yet, and the promoter said, "You pull out of this fight and you're done!" So he went in and in the first round, he said the guy hit him right on the infected tooth/molar on his jaw. He said the pain was so terrific, he never felt anything like that again in his entire career. He said he hit the guy harder than he ever hit another fighter in the second round and knocked him cold. It was the fear of getting hit in that spot again that did the trick!

Jim, I saw Aaron Pryor fight Nicky Furlano at Varsity Stadium in Toronto in 1984, and he dominated the fight from start to finish. I was surprised that Furlano lasted the distance.

Joe Louis

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:21 am
mh2365
Site Admin

Talking about Aaron Pryor is almost a banning offense round these parts :D

Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:23 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next