It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Klitschko calls out Haye 
mh2365
Site Admin

Post Klitschko calls out Haye
This is all sorts of awesome

Haye is running scared though ... it is being reported in Brit papers that Haye is putting the following stipulations on the fight

1) either the brothers have to fight each other first or one has to give his belt(s) to the other so the Haye/Klitschko fight is for all 4 belts

2) 50/50 spilt

3) fight is in Manchester

In other words Haye doesn't want to fight. I have said elsewhere that I believe Haye will hide behind mandatory challengers and this kind of proves my point.

I think he would have the best shot at beating Vitali as Vitali has shown some age recently but I would only give him a 5 or 10% chance of doing it. He has zero chance of beating Wlad.

Since Manny took Wlad over everybody has come in with the game plan that they will bob and weave inside tap him on the chin and he will fall over. They don't have a plan B and plan A sucks. What happens is they taste the jab the entire first round and then taste a straight right in the second and then they abandon all hope and sit outside hoping not to get hit the rest of the fight. Haye would be no different except I think a Wlad straight right puts him to sleep. Plus clearly Wlad wants to kill him. It would be Ivan Drago vs. Apollo Creed all over again (you know if Apollo Creed was a Nancy Boy Brit) ....

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:18 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
Brooks

Post Re: Klitschko calls out Haye
While I'd glady pay to see the Klits destroyed I really do not like Haye and would love to see him get shut up.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:51 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

My guess is he won't fight a Klitschko until he loses one of his mandatory fights. Heck I had him losing by one round to Valuev as did many others. He looked good against Ruiz but come on, Ruiz looked old 5 years ago when he lost to RJJ.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 pm
Jersey-Jim

It was actually refreshing to hear Wlad get pissed off and speak up for a change. Haye's demands are ridiculous. I would go for the 50-50 purse split and offer Haye a side bet during the press conference of 500,000 - just to see the look on his face.

To Haye's credit, he used his mouth to drum up interest in the Heavyweight division. But now he has to follow through and fight. If he gets kayoed, big deal. It's not like there's a long list of interesting match-ups for him besides the Klitschko's. It's doubtful, though, that he beat either one. Maybe if Vitali gets old overnight he can hit and move for 12 rounds, but it's difficult to see him doing that.

The Ultimate, Historical Boxing Simulator
30 Years of Development
Title Bout Championship Boxing!
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/tb/

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:45 pm