It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Reading with a cynical eye 
mh2365
Site Admin

Post Reading with a cynical eye
Reading this article

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1721/roach_k ... _for_peds/

What I learned from this (like the title says with a cynical eye) is that Freddie has knowingly allowed two of his fighters to continue fighting in his camp while using PED's ... but we should believe him this time when he says Manny isn't using.

Also Manny isn't on steroids because he is borderline retarded and doesn't know what steroids are so therefore he can't possibly be using them.

Between this explanation, Manny is scared of needles, or it will allow his soul to leave his body is his blood is taken, and the size of his cranium ... do we still really believe Manny isn't using something?

I always love the "he has never tested dirty" argument. Barry Bonds never tested positive ... Mark McGuire never tested positive .... Lance Armstrong never tested positive ... if you know what you are doing then you don't test positive.

This has gotten absurd ... “I said, ‘Manny, do you know what steroids are?’” Roach said. “He knows so little about steroids. He knows less than I do.”

That may be the funniest quote I have ever read ... seriously makes Manny sound like his IQ is around 8

Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:42 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
Brooks

Post Re: Reading with a cynical eye
I give him the benefit of the doubt, and roach's comment about Floyd was funny. He said people think Manny uses because he went up in weight but Floyd went up higher than Manny.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:19 pm
Jersey-Jim

Yeah, I give Manny the benefit of the doubt, too. So many guys are moving up on weight these days and bringing power and speed with them - it's amazing.
Back in the 70's, 80's & 90's it seemed like only a handful of fighters could pull that kinda thing off. Way, way back in the early 1900's and then again in the 40's, they used to do it, too. Lots of guys would fight above their weight class and do it successfully. To me, the most notable change in the Manny Pacquiao of today versus the smaller version is - he's uses the right hand now, just as effectively as the left... and his footwork is possibly the best in the sport. Before, he didn't have any. He's just stand and fight. Now, he positions himself at odd angles that are totally unorthodox and still manages to land effective punches.

The Ultimate, Historical Boxing Simulator
30 Years of Development
Title Bout Championship Boxing!
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/tb/

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:07 am
mh2365
Site Admin

Malignaggi is back to saying he just disregards everything Manny does because it's tainted ...

If only Paulie could punch as hard as he talks :D

Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:36 pm