It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
My son's college football experience 
mh2365
Site Admin

Post Re: My son's college football experience
Probably after spring break ... which is the week of the 23rd

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:58 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
Lee

Is he still playing slot? How does he feel about the competition at his spot going in?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:04 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

He is pretty open for any of the WR spots ... he is unsure because he felt he did good last year and then when he came back from his injury he couldn't get on the field.

He works hard so I think he'll be alright. Maybe a little more time this year then start his last two is what I think.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:10 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

Well it is a sad day here for me ... Nate has decided against playing football next year.

His foot injury from last year has never really gotten better ... the doctor had told him that because of the way his foot was shaped he was always going to play with some pain.

He has been struggling with sprinting due to the injury and just isn't enjoying himself anymore. He also didn't like how his grades ended up for the first semester.

He is making the smart decision because he is there to learn and football wasn't going to be a living for him. I'm proud of him for thinking of his future but still a little part of me died with this decision ....

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:45 pm
footballmom19

i think i want to cry ... at least i got 18 years of watching him play. just wish i had 3 more.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:10 pm
Brooks

That sucks that it came to down to this. That had to be a real hard decision for him to have to make.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:44 am
Lee

Wow, sorry to hear that Mike, it is a real tough decision to make, but like you said, Nate is thinking about his future and that should make you very proud.

It is also much better than risking further injury that could cause problems later in life, an experience I have come to know all to well with my neck and shoulders :D

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:07 am
mh2365
Site Admin

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

May have good news tomorrow ... driving to Danville for a meeting with his coaches.

Mon May 11, 2009 11:01 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

It would appear that we are back to being the parents of a college football player!!!! .... More info tomorrow or Thursday hopefully

Tue May 12, 2009 9:09 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

Nate is officially back on the team ... the coaches left it up to the seniors and it was unanimous to bring him back.

However, the coaches suspended him for the first two games next year and have told him if he doesn't pass the fitness tests in the fall he is off the team. We are going to put him in the Velocity Sports training this summer so he should be good to go.

Unfortunately that means he is suspended for the Maryville game but Brooks you guys can still come or we can do another home game later on in the season. Figured we would hit the Ali Museum the day before or after.

Thu May 14, 2009 8:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next