It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
American Idol 
mh2365
Site Admin

Post Re: American Idol
Got the finale I thought it should be out of the final 3 ... should have been Allison and Adam though

Wed May 13, 2009 9:26 pm
Profile Send private message E-mail
footballmom19

glad danny is gone ... i agree with mike, while it should be allison there instead of kris, i am glad that he got there. of course, IMO, there is no way he can beat adam.

Thu May 14, 2009 6:53 am
Mad Bomber

Based on tonights performances, I would have to give the nod to Adam Lambert.

Joe Louis

Tue May 19, 2009 8:58 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

I thought both did well .... winning song wasn't quite as bad as usual .... rumors have David Bowie showing up to sign with Adam tonight

Wed May 20, 2009 7:24 am
Mad Bomber

mh2365 wrote:
I thought both did well .... winning song wasn't quite as bad as usual .... rumors have David Bowie showing up to sign with Adam tonight

Now that would really be something !!!!!

Joe Louis

Wed May 20, 2009 9:10 am
Mad Bomber

Great finale....Probably the best finale ever, and believe it or not I'm not really shocked by the results. While I thought that Adam was the superior singer, I also thought Kris had been gathering momentum. There is always something that spoils the evening for me, and the fact that Kara got on stage, and my worst nigtmare was also there almost spoiled the evening for me.

Joe Louis

Wed May 20, 2009 9:14 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

I loved Kara getting on stage and I loved her stripping down too ... took some guts ... esp. after bikini girl showed up with her new friends!

Great finale ... I kind of figured Kris to win because at the end of the day you were either for Adam or against him, so all Danny's votes went to Kris.

He may have been the only Idol contestant I have ever seen that didn't look totally awed by the celebrity on stage with him ... he fit right in with Kiss and too bad he didn't do the Queen song all by himself ... makes you wonder how Paul Rodgers is feeling right about now :D ... I still say Adam and Allison will outsell Kris.

Allison with Cyndi Lauper was great ... really good song written by Steve Martin.

Wed May 20, 2009 9:25 pm
Mad Bomber

Mike, I think you may be right. I also think that Adam will probably outsell Kris, and Allison has a great future ahead of her also. I will be going to see the concert in Toronto when they come here, and I haven't been to an Idol concert since season four.

On that night they drew 16,000 people to Air Canada Centre, and the most popular with the fans in attendance were Beau Bice and Constantine Maroulis. I have seen season two and four in concert, and they were quite good.

Joe Louis

Wed May 20, 2009 9:45 pm
mh2365
Site Admin

What do they do in concert ... I have never been to one ... I have heard that they get to sign more of what they want because they don't have to worry about licensing

Wed May 20, 2009 10:05 pm
Mad Bomber

They sing a number of different songs, and not neccessarily the songs they sung during the show, and their at least during the concerts I was at quite a bit of interaction with the crowd.

I also found it fascinating that the ones that won those seasons weren't neccessarily the most talented musicians. The highlight of both seasons was finding out how talented Rickey Smith form season two, and Anwar Robinson from season four were. They both played with the band throughout the show, and played a number of different instruments.

Joe Louis

Fri May 22, 2009 11:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next