It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:41 am

The New Harry Potter Movie 
Jersey-Jim

Post The New Harry Potter Movie
I was watching the New Harry Potter movie last night for awhile online. It's one of "those" versions, of course, that's about 90% of the quality a regular one would be. I liked the other movies pretty much. They reminded me of the fantasy movies I saw as a kid. And movies like Goonies, Time Bandits, etc. Those were just fun movies to watch.

This one is a little bit darker in the overall mood. And the kids are pretty much grown up and young adults/teens. I remember when the book first came out, they said they inspired kids to read books again! Anyway, I only watched about 40 minutes of it. It's a 2 - 1/2 hour movie. Right around the 40 minute mark, I got tired and decided to get to sleep. Although I'll probably watch the rest of it tonight, I kept thinking - they really need to wrap this story up. It seems like it's being stretched out a little past the time where it makes sense to keep the story going. No doubt the producers and publishers told Rowling to crank out X amount of books for X-amount of dollars (or British pounds). And don't get me wrong, she's a great writer and story-teller. It's just getting harder for me to keep following along with the long, long story line.

The Ultimate, Historical Boxing Simulator
30 Years of Development
Title Bout Championship Boxing!
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/tb/

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:13 am
Profile Send private message E-mail
mh2365
Site Admin

Post Re: The New Harry Potter Movie
Have not seen any of them ... nor read any of the books. Nate read all the books and had seen all the movies and when he went to see this one he said it has all gotten kind of lame

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:22 am
Profile Send private message E-mail